last update: 2018 06 26machine person is a person with machine body parts.
Some machine persons will have biological body parts.
Some machine persons will have no biological body parts.
- A transhuman will be defined as a person whose body was created or modified (e.g. genetic engineering, machine body parts) and who belongs to the human species.
- A posthuman will be defined as a person who resembles a human but does not belong to the human species.
IMO the transplantation of biological brain parts into a machine body might be possible after 2030, maybe 2025.
Follow the evolution.
The term electronic person (more) is already defined by the European parliament.
In 2017, the concern is liability and not human rights for autonomous machines.
In particular the problems related to aging.
A machine body part:
- can be perfectly shaped, designed, built according to the state of the art.
- can be easily and cheaply created, maintained, replaced.
can provide arbitrary sensations and experiences.
Implants might remove addiction, laziness, dissatisfaction, depression, anger, envy, regret.
can remain functional and healthy in an environment that is harmful to biological body parts.
Less or no need for shelter from weather on Earth.
- is suited for life on other planets and for life in a spacecraft.
has no need for air, water, food and processes like e.g. respiration, digestion, blood circulation.
has no diseases like e.g. parasites, microbe infections, immune system disorder, cancer.
will do everything better than a biological body part.
At least regarding the physical space.